Create an Ante Pool
Deploying the Ante Pool for supporters and challengers to stake and challenge the Ante Test.
This process requires gas in order to interact with the Ante Pool Factory and create the Ante Pool that links with the previously written Ante Test.
Once the new Ante Test has been deployed on the mainnet, and it's address has been recorded and readied, we're ready to deploy the Ante Pool to integrate with the new Ante Test!
The create pool page on the ante webapp
With the address of the deployed
AnteTest, use our Ante Pool Factory generator and enter in the address. The site will double check the two criteria before deployment:
- The Ante Test hasn't already been deployed yet.
- The Ante Test doesn't currently fail.
In addition, you can configure the following parameters for the new pool:
Pool parameters can be easily configured on the web app before creation.
- Pool currency - Select one of the supported ERC20 tokens for staking and challenging the ante test. Need additional token support? Let us know!
- Challenger payout - The ratio of staked to challenged funds allowed in the pool. The higher the ratio, the higher the potential payout for challengers.
- Decay rate - The fees paid to stakers as an annualized percent of challenger funds. NB: A value above 100% means the challengers stake can be completely decayed in less than a year. (e.g. a value of 400% consumes the challenger funds in about three months.)
- Test Author Reward - This determines what percentage of the decay fees go to the author of the test.
Once all values have been configured, click "Create Pool", pay the gas fee and we'll take care of the rest, this will include:
- Adding and integrating an
AntePoolwith the new
- Adding the new Ante test to our webapp to browse and interact with.
And that's it! A new and complete Ante test has been written, tested, and deployed to the mainnet and now we can find supporters and challengers. Now that the Ante Pool is visible on the leaderboard, we want the Ante Test to be verified by the community and get the verified tag attached.
If you want to signal to the community your confidence in your own test, it could make sense to stake your own
That said, never put funds, crypto or otherwise, into smart contracts you don't fully understand.
Please read through the AntePool and AntePoolFactory contracts before staking any funds in those non-custodial contracts. If something goes wrong, they are not recoverable by anyone else.